In our lives, perpetually changing and getting more and more complex because of technological advancements, psychology and its areas of application have gained considerable importance. The main objective of our psychology department is to help students acquire theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in the area of psychology that are contemporary and robust. Our faculty consists of academicians who are graduates of the highest-ranking universities in Turkey, Europe, and the US, are experts in various areas of psychology, and have extensively published both nationally and internationally.
We aim that our students will be individuals who:
- Grasp the relationship of different areas of psychology with other disciplines,
- Understand and question cognitive and emotional processes in psychology,
- Can investigate personal psychological problems,
- Generate innovative ideas to alleviate existing psychological practices,
- Are research-oriented,
- Adhere to ethical guidelines,
- Can assume individual responsibility,
- Are productive,
- Can communicate effectively,
- Appreciate cultural and individual differences.
Moreover, we aim for our graduates to have a unique place among other psychology graduates because of the application skills throughout our program at the end of four-year psychology training.
Our graduates will have an opportunity to work in a variety of settings but not limited to:
- Institutions and organizations regulated by the Ministry of Health Schools,
- Institutions and organizations regulated by the Ministry of Justice,
- Institutions and organizations regulated by the Ministry of Family and Social Policies,
- Institutions and organizations regulated by the Ministry of Work and Social Security,
- Kindergartens, daycares, nurseries,
- Guidance- psychological counseling centers,
- Private or public mental health centers,
- Private or public human resources centers,
- Agencies conducting opinion polls and marketing research.